Dreambone Dog Treats Recall, Review, Pros and Cons
The Dreambone Dog Treats were recalled in (2020) for the presence of Sorbitol as the third ingredient.
The company have multiple complaints from customers who have said that their dog food is killing dogs or making them very sick.
According to a lawsuit filed against the company, animal nutritionist Jeffrey Smith stated that DreamBone frequent ingestion leads to health problems in dogs like vomiting and liver failure.
His comments resulted in the FDA reviewing the product’s ingredients and ultimately classifying Sorbitol as an indigestible sugar alcohol.
Dreambone Dog Treats have a lot of negative reviews online. They are not considered to be a trustworthy brand given their many dissatisfied customers.
If you’re looking for something that is more affordable and safe, Purina Alpo Variety Snaps and Better Than Ears can provide your dog with a higher quality product that delivers lots of health benefits.
The sheer number of product review out there can be overwhelming – meaning it can be hard to decide on a particular product.
Luckily, online research is key while everything else converges on a single Amazon page.
Dreambone Dog Treats Recall or Discontinued: What is going on?
Here is a list of the most recent recall notices for Dreambone Dog Treats. You don’t have to type them all in yourself.
Of course you should consider all of your options before getting a product, but for now please see my review on this product below.
In October 2020, Dream bone was one of many brands affected by the large-scale recall around the presence of Sorbitol as the third ingredient.
The contamination is said to have been found in other brands under the Dreambone umbrella too.
Sorbitol is often a new addition to some products and you should always be careful when using any such substances on your pet.
These things are not digestible, so the consequences of ingesting it could be very serious.
Many US-based animal owners are refusing to buy food products that contain ingredients from China due to the recent news of unsafe factory conditions.
When a product is recalled or found to contain harmful chemicals, it is important to know where the product was purchased and what additional information may be needed. This should be stored in case customer service needs it during a recall.
Luckily, pet owners can find companies that offer products to protect their pets against incidents like this. With some research, you’re more likely to find an alternative that doesn’t pose a threat.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) provides some important recalls to get familiar with, so that you know what to do if your pet accidentally eats something they shouldn’t be.
Check the Current Recall List
The FDA’s website is a great resource for checking if a product you use is safe & for informing you about items that have been recalled.
You can also check to see if the product you are about to purchase has been recalled by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration before you buy it.
Dreambone Dog Treats Review
Making sure your pet is healthy requires that you know a lot about the ingredients of the food and treats you buy. It might be best to stick with brands you trust, like Himalayan dog chews.
I know a lot of people in the rawhide industry, and I always hear their stories. I love my pets, but I would never risk giving them something that might negatively impact their health!
Rawhide is not a good choice as a treat for your four-legged friend. Make sure to find a pet supply that doesn’t contain rawhide, such as the DreamBone dog chew.
Before I share more about Dreambone and its history, let’s learn more about the brand. Here’s what you need to know:
About Dreambone Dog Treats
Dreambone is a company founded in 2008 that makes all-natural dog treats. They create innovative and tasty products for dogs of all sizes and lifestyles.
Dreambone treats are made with real meat, fresh fruits, vegetables, and grains. They are free from preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Dreambone treats are designed to be healthy for your dog’s teeth and help keep them clean.
The company also makes grain-free treats that can be used as a training aid or to help with digestive issues.
What We Like About Dreambone Dog Treats?
DreamBone is a company whose products have been held up to promises. Their review page also give a lot of information to help people decide if they want to try their product.
For me, these are the top things to love about Dreambone dog treats:
- Doesn’t break easily. They don’t break into tiny pieces, which makes it easy for your dog to eat all the treat at once and avoid unnecessary waste.
- Don’t have to be refrigerated. Dreambone is not a soft dog treat. They don’t need to be kept in the refrigerator.
- Good for digestion. Dreambone is a reputable pet brand that provides a variety of features, such as the inclusion of oat fiber. Oats have plant-based proteins that are essential for your pet’s digestive health.
- Made with real chicken. Dogs need protein to grow and maintain their muscle strength, and chicken is one of their best sources since it provides the protein they need.
- Availability. Dreambone Dog Treats are not very popular, they can’t be found at a lot of supermarkets and grocery stores. They can mostly be found at online stores like Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Chewy.
- Variety of flavors. The variety of flavors and textures make them ideal for dogs to enjoy.
- The cost. Dreambone treats are an affordable way to feed your pup. They are only $3.99 for a pack, which can last for four days or more. This is a great option for dog owners on a budget, who still want to give their furry friend the best possible nutrition!
Available Dog Treats From DreamBone?
DreamBones has a wide variety of flavors, textures and sizes to choose from. They also provide customers with information about their ingredients so they can be sure their dogs are getting the best possible treats.
The available dog treats from DreamBone are:
- DreamBone Chicken Classic Bone Chews
- DreamBone Bacon and Cheese Classic Bone Chews
- DreamBone Beef Classic Bone Chews
- DreamBone Sweet Potato Classic Bone Chews
- DreamBone DreamChips Chicken
- DreamBone Bacon and Cheese DreamSticks
- DreamBone Beef DreamSticks
- DreamBone Chicken DreamSticks
- DreamBone Sweet Potato DreamSticks
- DreamBone Bacon and Cheese Twist Sticks
- DreamBone Chicken Twist Sticks
- DreamBone Twists Wrapped with Chicken
- DreamBone Chicken Twist Sticks – Pumpkin Spice
- DreamBone Dental Formula Chews
- DreamBone Triple Action Dental Sticks
- DreamBone Butcher’s Cut Chews
- DreamBone Chicken Wrapped Chews
- DreamBone Dream Kabobz
- DreamBone Holiday Canes
- DreamBone Holiday Variety Pack
- DreamBone Spirals Variety
- DreamBone StuffedTwistz Pork Chews
- DreamBone Triple Flavor Braidz Dog Chews
- DreamBone Triple Flavor Dumbbells With Peanut Butter
- DreamBone Triple Flavor Rolls
- DreamBone Triple Flavor Wings
- DreamBone Triple Flavor Dumbbells With Chicken
- DreamBone Triple Flavor Layered Sticks
- DreamBone Triple Flavor Twisties
- DreamBone Dino Chews
- DreamBone RattleBall Chews
- DreamBone Bake Shop Donuts
- DreamBone Bake Shop Chicken Waffle Sticks
- DreamBone Bake Shop Peanut Butter Waffle Sticks
- DreamBone Twisties Chicken Beef and Peanut Butter
Dreambone Lawsuits and Controversies
Dreambone is a relatively new brand, but they are not without legal or moral controversy in the pet food world.
They have generated a lot of negative press stories than most other brands of pet food.
They did not recall any of their products until 2020, and the 2020 recall was voluntary.
Unfortunately, the FDA listed Dreambone formulas among their June 2019 list of 16 pet food brands with links to the presence of Sorbitol as one of the third ingredient used.
Dream Bones Killing Dogs
Dream Bones dog treats have been the subject of controversy before. Recently, two women want to warn other pet owners after their pets died.
In September of 2019, Bella ate a piece of treat while under Carlyle’s care. Her veterinary team did not realize there was still one left inside her until it was too late.
At this point, it would be too much stress to try and save her and Carlyle had to put her down.
Carlyle said that her dog had been fine, and then in the blink of an eye was gone.
She plans to sue the company with Jennifer McConnell in October 2019, who she had the same experience with.
McConnell’s English bulldog, Titus, ate a DreamBone treat, which caused him to have diarrhea and vomiting. This made him become weak and wobbly.
McConnell described the traumatic incident, which happened three weeks ago. He revealed that his new dog had died in his arms when he gave the dog some of the treat, and that he does not wish for other people to experience the same loss of their beloved dog.
What Are The Ingredients In Dreambone Dog Treats?
Dreambone Dog Treats consist of some toxic ingredients that are not healthy for your dogs.
Be careful when feeding your pup with this treat, as it has some serious side effects that can kill your dogs.
Ingredients: Corn, Chicken, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Fructose, Maltodextrin, Barley Malt Syrup, Gelatin, Salt, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Titanium Dioxide, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Carrots, Xanthan Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Propionate (Preservative), Sodium Tripolyphosphate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin E Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, FD&C Red 40, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement.
The Ingredient Sorbitol Can Kill Your Dogs
The ingredient sorbitol is an ingredient found in many food and beverages that can be toxic to your dog if ingested in large amounts.
Sorbitol is a type of sugar alcohol that’s often used as a sweetener because it has less calories than other types of sugars like glucose or sucrose.
Sorbitol has been linked to a number of different health problems. In dogs, it can cause kidney failure or death when ingested in large quantities.
Dreambone Dog Treats: Pros and Cons
Dreambone Dog Treats are a healthy and yummy treat for your dog. They are made from a blend of high-quality ingredients, such as chicken, vegetables, and fruits.
But the company has been in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. They have faced lawsuits over false product claims.
- Made with 100% real chicken, wholesome vegetables and added country goodness.
- 100% rawhide-free and highly digestible for a healthy alternative to rawhide treats
- Gives your dog a healthy way to clean their teeth and keep them in good condition.
- Made in China
- Contains bad ingredients that can kill your dog.
- Hard to find in stores
- Can cause vomiting and diarrhea
Is Dreambone Dog Treats Good For Dogs?
Dream bone Dog Treats are good for dogs because they’re made with all natural ingredients without any artificial colors or flavors that can be harmful to the health of your dog.
These dog treats are made using all natural ingredients such as chicken, beef, rice, and vegetables.
Is Dreambone Dog Treats Safe For Dogs?
Dreambone is a new product that is currently being sold on Amazon, and many people are wondering if it is safe to feed their dogs.
Dreambone dog treats contain harmful ingredients such as sorbitol, corn, soy and gluten.
The company does not mention if these ingredients have been tested for safety or not.
The main ingredient in Dreambone dog treats is Sorbitol, which can be a potential allergen for some dogs and can also cause digestive problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQs were compiled by Dreambone’s customer service team for your convenience and to help with your queries.
What is The difference Between SmartBones and Dream Bones Dog Treats?
The difference Between SmartBones and Dream Bone Dog Treats is that the former are made with real meat while the latter are made with a vegetarian protein.
Do Vets Recommend Dreambone Dog Treats?
Many vets don’t recommend these dog treats to their clients. Some vets even say that the Dreambone treats should not be on the market.
Dreambone claims that their treats are made with high-quality ingredients, but some of them may not be as healthy as claimed.
How Often Can A Dog Eat Dreambone Dog Treats?
A dog can eat Dreambone Dog Treats as often as it wants, but it is recommended that they eat them no more than twice a day.
Is Dreambone Dog Treats Made in USA?
Dreambone dog treats are made in the United States and are 100% natural.
How Long Does Dreambone Dog Treats Last?
Dreambone treats last as long as 30 days in the refrigerator and up to 2 weeks on the counter.
They are great for a variety of events, and are perfect for people with small pet dogs to give them snacks.
Dreambone isn’t better than other more expensive dog foods out there but it’s definitely affordable and has a variety of benefits.
We compare varieties & consider a wide range of factors before speaking to our clients. Pork Chomps is just one of the many brands that we can recommend.
We weren’t happy with a couple of aspects of this product, so we awarded it a 2.5-star rating. It’s not as good as some other products we reviewed on our site.
Reviews are very important to figure out whether a product is worth your time or not. Please do your own research.
This allows you to see what other people think about certain products before getting them, so you can make a more educated decision. It also ensures that the item is in demand.